Monday 31 December 2012

Christmas Haul

Christmas in my family is usually reserved for kids. I love seeing them open their gifts with wide eyes and excitement!

One reaction that was quite humorous was my little niece `s reaction. You see she just turned three and is quite different from every little girl I know! One of her favourite toys is a dinosaur she bought at the dollar store that "bites" at people. Recently it was broken so I bought a new one for her and put it on a box of candy to throw her off and scare the hell out of her mother. (LOL! She`s quite the candy monster!)

 So when she opened it her mother filled with disappointment and a horrified look turned to me with with disbelief "Really?!" ... priceless! I signal for her to let her open the box and when the box was opened Tay squeaks "Monster!".

Renews the faith for mothers that a dollar store toy would bring such joy!

But aside from this funny story I would have to say this Santa was good to me this year!

 From a favourite cousin-in-law who never forgets me every year! I got a pretty Pandora-style  bracelet.

From my aunt/godmother I got a a simple and classic bone bangle (LOVE) and a pair of dangle earrings from Ten Thousand Villages with a special piece of valuable paper inside (*wink*). After looking up this company I realized this awesome company with unique products.




"Ten Thousand Villages is the oldest and largest Fair Trade organization in North America, selling artisan-crafted personal accessories, home decor and gift items from around the globe. 
Ten Thousand Villages creates opportunities for artisans in developing countries to earn income by bringing their products and stories to our markets through long-term, fair trading relationships."

So check out their website and support socially responsible merchants: http://www.tenthousandvillages.ca

From my other aunt another delicately wrapped special piece of valuable paper made out in my name (*wink*). Which was very much appreciated.


From a bud of mine I got an at home Shellac Kit! Which I LOVE ... Seeing as my nails are thin and never grow long before breaking.
She bought me this set and also bought the LED Light just like in the salon! This kit is amazing mainly for the fact there is no drying time once your done!

Already ran out and got a sparkly rose gold, a dark wine purple, and a pale pink.

  LOVE IT!


From my Boyfriend's family I got a gorgeous pair of Leaf inspired earrings and a really cool Gold Art Deco cuff with black stones.

They tricked me by strategically putting them in a Men's Back Waxing kit. Which was quite Hilarious!

Thanks Girls! Hope you liked your gifts as much as I did!



My Father and Uncle as the amazing gift givers they are also contributed to the much needed Boxing Day Shopping Fund!


Also got a TopShop Gift Card from a Gift Exchange to add to my other Topshop Gift Card from CityLine.


A Tim Horton's Gift Card From my oldest sister and her 2 boys.


From my older niece this year she bought gifts with her own money. (so sweet!)

She got us sister this Cadbury Caramik Fondue set that my little sister whisked of into her room and I have yet to see it!

Her mother, my second oldest sister, got me a Night out to movies including popcorn and drinks.


My third oldest sister was on the same wave length and also got me a Night out to movies including popcorn and drinks and a book (seeing as she works at Indigo!).













Fitting as I'm a really shoe Fanatic so this was interesting.

My little sister cashed in her "I'm a Starving Student" Card in for the last time!


My other friend got me a Bon Appetite Gift Card.




My Boyfriend got the following leather Rabeano bags for me!

He also gave me a special gift I'm not gonna mention but I really appreciated him being there when I needed him!



Overall.... Great Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment