Tuesday 20 November 2012

Goodwill (Bathurst and St. Clair)

Our first day of our Thrifting Spree and me and my buddy Foxy are pumped to find treasures! Our planned first stop was the Goodwill on Jane and Runnymede. But due to my great navigation skills (reminding Foxy why she doesn't trust me to make plans as I'm somewhat directionally challenged!) we ended up near Bathurst and St. Clair.

Goodwill Toronto (Bathurst and St. Clair) 585 St Clair Ave W


Foxey black quilted leather bag. Made in Italy
Now I'm not saying we're princesses but sometimes the thought of the Thrift store makes our skin crawl! So we stick to basics: Outerwear, Jewellery and Handbag. This location was a decent sized store but wasn't very organised and tidy. As soon as we came in there was a glass display case. The only thing that caught my attention was a gold necklace with a round green pendent wrapped with a gold filigree design. It was very beautiful but for $15.99 I think I'll pass.We turned our attention to a lady digging into 2 carts we walked over and realized they were filled with purses and after looking around to see if they belonged to anyone we dig in with her. Now this will sound like a "princess" statement, but I hate faux leather bags! The plastic just turns me off and too many times I've purchased beautiful and expensive bags only for they to start peeling and cracking! So I stick to leather! Immediately I find this Chanel-like treasure! An Italian, black leather quilted bag with a cute tassel and a long and short handle ($10.00). I love it! Foxy found an equally beautiful bucket style leather bag with multicolored suede patches ($12.00).

Overall Impression:
and cluttered location. Contains items you would think of when you think thrift store: outdated polyester suits, moldy looking sweaters and yellowing appliances. Definitely found the only gems at this location.

Don't think I'll be returning. 

On to the next one down the road...Salvation Army (Bathurst and St. Clair)

No comments:

Post a Comment