Friday 23 November 2012

Value Village (Landsdowne and Bloor)

Value Village (Landsdowne and Bloor) 1319 Bloor Street West
 
So at this point we're starting to tire out but coming into this Value Village left us stunned! I've been here once before with another friend but don't remember buying anything nor was I as interested. This location is HUGE! Rows and Rows of racks of clothes and a large seasonal section filled with Christmas Decor. 

We head over to the purses but before we get there we check out the glass display case. We notice purses behind the glass case and I ask to take a look at the small Patent Gucci Purple-Black Ombre handbag ($59.99) in the display case. I'm very well trained to spot fakes and as soon as she places the purse in my hand I automatically know this one is a fake. My friend asked to see a Multi-Colored Coach Tote ($39.99) and another Brown Leather Coach Hobo ($59.99). Upon receiving them I confirm for my friend they are real Coach. Amused by my knowledge the lady behind the glass brings some more purses and I confirm they are all real Coach. They seem to be all from the same collection so I assume some rich lady decided to clean out her closet. While I was walking away my friend asks me if I saw the Green Prada ($39.99). Curious I walk back and ask for it. Instantly my heat jumps as I recognize the great quality that is Prada. I check the inside pocket and low and behold I find the Authenticity cards! SCORE! I instantly want it! So I tell the lady that I want it and she holds it for me while we walk around.

Feeling amped we scour the store looking for more treasures! I check the regular racks of purses and find this bag I had wanted a while back but didn't want to spend the $200, a Snakeskin Banana Republic Leather Purse ($5.99). Amazing! Now we're Super Pumped!

Because of the size of this location it has large departments! We stroll the around and end up by the blazers. I find an awesome Tiger Print Satin Blazer ($7.99). I was initially scared it might be gaudy but thought it would be so cute over solid colored dresses or a white t-shirt and jeans accessorized with some chunky colorful jewellery. I guess the tiger in me (my Chinese Horoscope Sign) couldn't resist!

I found Foxy a beautiful Chiffon Pink Blouse ($7.99) and she decides to get the Brown Coach Leather Purse as well.

We both walk out excited and thrilled about our great finds!

Overall Impression:
Large Location with lots of Clothing, Housewares and Furniture. Although we got great finds it had quite a few customers and I can see this place getting picked over often. Overall great location, will definitely come back!


No comments:

Post a Comment